Pentagon FPS

Multiplayer Browser-Based Fast-Paced Realtime-Strategy and Modern First-Person-Shooter Under Construction Powered by Unity 3D


Pentagon will be released on September. Stay tuned!

There has been a lot of changes in the game! Check the progress thread for more info.

Capture the flag mode is in development!

Login / Register system almost working correctly. With this I will be adding GMs and Ban system!
Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics
» Pentagon
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:07 am by Redoitallover

» The first Game Play of the Original Demo
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 pm by RAYMANDO

» Official Game Progress Thread
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:45 pm by RAYMANDO

» GAME
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:38 pm by Redoitallover

» Fade|SoLaris Recruitment Table [OPEN]
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:53 am by Redoitallover

» GAME RELEASE DATE
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am by Redoitallover

» Brazil 2014 World Cup - Who do you think it's going to win?
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:05 am by LordKSH

» Attachments [FORUM]
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 am by SnitZeL

» Animated Announcement [FORUM]
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:49 am by SnitZeL

Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 16 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:10 pm
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search


You are not connected. Please login or register

Pentagon FPS » English Forum » General Discussion » Official Game Progress Thread

Official Game Progress Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Hey guys, I want to know your opinion on this. At the moment when you get killed there is a screen "Respawn in x" and after 6 seconds you spawn. I was thinking about doing a deploy/respawn screen instead, in which you can change your weapons, options, look peoples' scores, etc. It might help to avoid spawn trapping and killing people while afk as well as getting track of the time the player has been in deploy screen and kick him if he has been afk for x minutes. I also removed ability to switch teams while in-game to prevent people switching to the winning team.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

52Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Redoitallover

Redoitallover
Moderator
Moderator
yea that sounds good.  Happy 


_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein


[M-GM] - REDOitallover

If you have anything you would like to discuss with a staff member, give me a pm! I will answer within 24 hours.  Happy   
#FadeAway
http://fade-solaris.forumotion.com/

53Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:31 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Redoitallover wrote:yea that sounds good.  Happy 

Happy

Today I have been working on an asset which I plan to sumbit on the Asset Store for $2 called Destroy PRO. This doesn't really have to do with Pentagon, but if I get it to the unity asset store I will get some money which I will then be able to spend towards Pentagon's server costs and assets I may need through development.

I will not say what the asset is about that much since non-programmers will find it useless or just won't know what the hell it is used for but - It basically let's you destroy objects in your game based on the object's tag, layer, name and a lot more that Unity's built-in Destroy function doesn't offer.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

54Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Blurr

Blurr
New Member
New Member
SnitZeL wrote:Hey guys, I want to know your opinion on this. At the moment when you get killed there is a screen "Respawn in x" and after 6 seconds you spawn. I was thinking about doing a deploy/respawn screen instead, in which you can change your weapons, options, look peoples' scores, etc. It might help to avoid spawn trapping and killing people while afk as well as getting track of the time the player has been in deploy screen and kick him if he has been afk for x minutes. I also removed ability to switch teams while in-game to prevent people switching to the winning team.
Like in Battlefield ?
Yeah, I think that could be good.


_________________
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 2gtp506

۞ FadeBlur ۞

Proud FADE Member

#FadeAway
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blurify

55Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Blurr wrote:
SnitZeL wrote:Hey guys, I want to know your opinion on this. At the moment when you get killed there is a screen "Respawn in x" and after 6 seconds you spawn. I was thinking about doing a deploy/respawn screen instead, in which you can change your weapons, options, look peoples' scores, etc. It might help to avoid spawn trapping and killing people while afk as well as getting track of the time the player has been in deploy screen and kick him if he has been afk for x minutes. I also removed ability to switch teams while in-game to prevent people switching to the winning team.
Like in Battlefield ?
Yeah, I think that could be good.

A lot of games have this feature, but yeah it's similar to Battlefield's. At the moment you can't choose which spawn point to spawn on, but it could be added really easy, only problem would be a way to tell the player where exactly that spawn point is located in the map.

Just so you guys know, I will go to the beach for 3 days, I will take my laptop with me so I will keep developing the game, but I doubt I will have internet there so I may not be on the forums.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

56Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:36 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Small update:

Tested game over network, and it finally works without bugs.
Added option to suicide in-game.
Improved menu.

----

I'm almost done with the game, the official pre-alpha release date is 15th September.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

57Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 am

Blurr

Blurr
New Member
New Member
SnitZeL wrote:Added option to suicide in-game.
How does that work ? :S

SnitZeL wrote:the official pre-alpha release date is 15th September.
OHH SHIZZ GET HYPEDD LADSSSS


_________________
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 2gtp506

۞ FadeBlur ۞

Proud FADE Member

#FadeAway
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blurify

58Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:46 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Blurr wrote:
SnitZeL wrote:Added option to suicide in-game.
How does that work ? :S

When you open the menu there's a button "Suicide", this might be useful when you're out of ammo or have like 10 HP but don't want to give a free kill to the enemy team, 1 death will still be added to the scoreboard but not to the enemy team. Added just now a message in the Killfeed when you suicide "-PlayerNameHere- suicided". I will probably make it so you can only suicide 3 times per game, as people can overuse it (like suiciding everytime you get close to them so you don't get to kill them...).

I've been trying to learn some PHP and finish the Login/Register system but I think it will be best to add it later on as I want to add to it extra features like emails, "Forgot password" thingy, stats, only-1-account-per-ip feature, and (maybe) clan system. Else I will end up resetting all the accounts everytime I want to add a new feature, and that would be quite a mess and defeat the point of stats. A good example is RT, lol I always check the forums from time to time to laught at all the bullshit people post there. You can see a lot of people mad because they want password change and others mad because they will get their accs reset. That's exactly what I want to avoid here.

PS. All staff members seem to be inactive but me now, hope they will be back before I release the game I don't want to play the game by myself when I release it lol


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

59Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Blurr

Blurr
New Member
New Member
SnitZeL wrote:
Blurr wrote:
SnitZeL wrote:Added option to suicide in-game.
How does that work ? :S
When you open the menu there's a button "Suicide", this might be useful when you're out of ammo or have like 10 HP but don't want to give a free kill to the enemy team, 1 death will still be added to the scoreboard but not to the enemy team. Added just now a message in the Killfeed when you suicide "-PlayerNameHere- suicided". I will probably make it so you can only suicide 3 times per game, as people can overuse it (like suiciding everytime you get close to them so you don't get to kill them...).
Ohh, now I get it.
Yeah, putting a limit to it will be the ideal, people could (and would) abuse it otherwise.
SnitZeL wrote:I've been trying to learn some PHP and finish the Login/Register system but I think it will be best to add it later on as I want to add to it extra features like emails, "Forgot password" thingy, stats, only-1-account-per-ip feature, and (maybe) clan system. Else I will end up resetting all the accounts everytime I want to add a new feature, and that would be quite a mess and defeat the point of stats. A good example is RT, lol I always check the forums from time to time to laught at all the bullshit people post there. You can see a lot of people mad because they want password change and others mad because they will get their accs reset. That's exactly what I want to avoid here.
Indeed, RT situation is really BS rn lol.
SnitZeL wrote:PS. All staff members seem to be inactive but me now, hope they will be back before I release the game I don't want to play the game by myself when I release it lol
Yep, hopefully they'll be back soon.
Anyways, you can always recruit some more people to the staff Wink Wink


_________________
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 2gtp506

۞ FadeBlur ۞

Proud FADE Member

#FadeAway
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blurify

60Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:03 am

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think I need any more staff yet, counting me we're 4 staff members and the game hasn't even been released yet. On a side note, I FINALLY got headshots working. lol it was so annoying but it's finally working.

HS features:
Killfeed Text: Killer [Weapon] Killed [H]
Displays "Headshot" sound
You get 25 exp points instead of 10.

Next thing to do is Kill Notification messages (i.e +10)


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

61Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 am

RAYMANDO


New Member
New Member
Came on this forum after a while. It's good to see this game progress through months.. I guess you could make up videos of the Updates.. If there are already, please enlighten me :) Good Luck with this game, I will check up this forum from now on, for checking up on the game

62Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:31 am

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
RAYMANDO wrote:Came on this forum after a while. It's good to see this game progress through months.. I guess you could make up videos of the Updates.. If there are already, please enlighten me :) Good Luck with this game, I will check up this forum from now on, for checking up on the game

Thanks! as of now there are no update videos due to my low FPS while recording, even though the game is pretty optimized (I get 70 FPS at Fantastic on my crappy PC) the frame rate is still not as smooth as I'd like to. I do plan on making video updates once I release the game though.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

63Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Hi guys, I'm currently working on a open warehouse map, it contains a big house model and a lot of containers, props, etc around the map. It's coming along nicely, it's pretty optimized (gettings 80 FPS at fantastic 8) ) and it looks pretty good too! I will be posting some screenshots in a week or so. I'm still editing the proportions of the map and adding stuff so if any of you have a cool idea for this map do tell me and I will consider it. I have also added some cool camera effects to the controller when you fall and when a grenade that is close to you explodes.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

64Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:41 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Warhouse BETA

http://prntscr.com/4klj5y
http://prntscr.com/4klkoz

The map is quite big, full of containers and ramps to climb up containers, decals, ladders, towers and a lot more. The best part is the map has two parts. Air combat and Ground combat. Campers will have to be careful with rushers suddently coming from containers but rushers will also have to be careful with campers from the air.

Game Updates:

Improved menu
Improved Killfeed
Added Notification system for Game Mode related events (Team1 is now winning, Guy12 took the flag, etc...).
Added settings for audio, quality and gameplay related things.

New advanced character controller in progress - only left thing to do is crouch and prone camera positioning.

Working on private rooms.
Improved dynamic crosshair - now it gets green when over a teammate and red when over an enemy.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

65Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:24 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Parkour Update:

Added Semi Working Groundslide feature - you can groundslide if you're running and you're not too close to a wall. You can only groundslide every 6 seconds. Activated when Key E is pressed.
Working on climbing, wall climbing and ziplines.
Remade remote player parkour animations

-- This however might not be done on pre-alpha release, as a lot of things need to be checked before adding in such a complex feature, specially on a multiplayer game. If it isn't added on release, it will be in the next update.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

66Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 am

Blurr

Blurr
New Member
New Member
Parkour - nice !

Warehouse looks good, could be a little bit campy, but we'll see.
I gotta admit I didn't feel too good when I first saw it, coming from RT where we're basically sick of cargo boxes (Junkyard, Cargo, Assault, Industry), they're all over the game.
But then you realize it's a whole different game, with different gameplay and different elements, so it will most likely be more enjoyable Wink


_________________
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 2gtp506

۞ FadeBlur ۞

Proud FADE Member

#FadeAway
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blurify

67Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Blurr wrote:Parkour - nice !

Warehouse looks good, could be a little bit campy, but we'll see.
I gotta admit I didn't feel too good when I first saw it, coming from RT where we're basically sick of cargo boxes (Junkyard, Cargo, Assault, Industry), they're all over the game.
But then you realize it's a whole different game, with different gameplay and different elements, so it will most likely be more enjoyable Wink

It's actually Warhouse not Warehouse ;)

You're right, I don't have that much models to work with so cargos were the best choice. However, map layout is going to be changed, that's why it's "Warhouse BETA", I'm actually reading some level design resources to make it better. And don't worry, it won't be like in Rush Team. Actually air place of the map is meant for capturing team's flag and such.

Updates:

Added Region Selection.
Improved sign in - now you can only use names with letters or digits and also added password for admin privileges.
Chat rewritten completely, now with swearing filter, quick commands system and coloring as well as special coloring for admins.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

68Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Redoitallover

Redoitallover
Moderator
Moderator
Awesome! Happy Warhouse looks amazing Wink


_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein


[M-GM] - REDOitallover

If you have anything you would like to discuss with a staff member, give me a pm! I will answer within 24 hours.  Happy   
#FadeAway
http://fade-solaris.forumotion.com/

69Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:58 pm

SnitZeL

SnitZeL
Administrator
Administrator
Hi guys, I'm sorry but I got to delay the release data some days, I got sick yesterday and I haven't been able to progress much since then. New release data is either 18 or 17 of this month or even 16 if everything goes well. Thanks for your understanding.


_________________
Pentagon Owner

Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Twitter-icon-small @PentagonFPS      |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Facebook-icon-smallPentagonFPS     |   Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Favicon-vfldLzJxyKaS Studios™️
____________________

70% Progress
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
http://pentagonfps.wix.com/game

70Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:04 am

Blurr

Blurr
New Member
New Member
SnitZeL wrote:Hi guys, I'm sorry but I got to delay the release data some days, I got sick yesterday and I haven't been able to progress much since then. New release data is either 18 or 17 of this month or even 16 if everything goes well. Thanks for your understanding.
Damn, that sucks Sad
But np dude, I'm sure we can't wait a bit more Wink


_________________
Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 2gtp506

۞ FadeBlur ۞

Proud FADE Member

#FadeAway
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blurify

71Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:33 am

Redoitallover

Redoitallover
Moderator
Moderator
Happy we waited 9 months, we can wait another 1 or 2 days Happy hope you get better soon Snit!!


_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein


[M-GM] - REDOitallover

If you have anything you would like to discuss with a staff member, give me a pm! I will answer within 24 hours.  Happy   
#FadeAway
http://fade-solaris.forumotion.com/

72Official Game Progress Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Game Progress Thread on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:45 pm

RAYMANDO


New Member
New Member
I saw the screenshots of the warehouse. The game seems to have potential, but the graphics need smoothing. That is my suggestion to it. Good Going, hope to see some stuff soon.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum